Dress Code and Conduct
Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests are aware of acceptable attire throughout the Club.
General Clubhouse and Dining Guidelines
- Blue denim or blue jeans are not permitted throughout the Clubhouse or 19th Hole.
- Hats and caps - Gentlemen are required to remove hats and caps in all interior areas of the Clubhouse which includes the Golf and Tennis Shops, Locker Rooms, 19th Hole and Terrace. On all Club property outside, the visors are to be worn to the front. The Tennis and Sports Activities Committee may selectively approve cap wear, only on the tennis courts, in a different manner.
- Gentlemen are to wear collared shirts throughout the Clubhouse and 19th Hole.
- Boys Dress – At age 14, must follow men’s Member dress code guidelines.
- Club Events – Deviations from these guidelines will be noted in the newsletter and email blasts.
- Private Parties and Outside Events – Deviations from these guidelines must be requested in advance and approved by the Director of Clubhouse Operations.
- The RP Red Jacket is acceptable throughout the Clubhouse at all times and in lieu of tux jackets at formal events.
Guidelines by Dining Location
- Poinciana Room, Club Room, Garden Room and Private Dining Rooms: Jacket and tie are required unless otherwise specified by host or event announcement.
Exception: Sundays when casual dress, including golf and tennis attire, is acceptable throughout the Club and includes the Royal Buffet.
- Grille: Jacket optional, golf and tennis attire permitted before 6:00 pm.
- Lounge, Terrace and 19th Hole: Golf and tennis attire is permitted at all times.
- Summer Guidelines: Mother’s Day through November 1, Jackets optional in all venues.
Guidelines for Golf
- To maintain golf’s traditional decorum, men shall wear tucked-in golf shirts with sleeves and collars along with tailored slacks or Bermuda-length shorts no more than 4” above the top of the knee. Cargo shorts are not permitted.
- Women shall wear slacks, capris or shorts, skirts and dresses that are mid-thigh or longer in length. Shirts must have collars or sleeves. Women may not wear short-shorts, blue jeans, tank-tops, halter tops, tennis clothes or workout clothes.
Guidelines for Tennis and Sports Activities
- Suitable tennis clothes are items of clothing designed specifically for tennis and sold in tennis shops.
- Men shall wear tennis shirts with sleeves and collars.
- Only Club logos and apparel manufacturer’s logos are permitted.
- Golf and tennis attire as listed above are considered suitable clothes for bocce, pickleball and croquet.
The entire Clubhouse and the 19th Hole, including the screened areas, are “non-smoking areas.”
Personal Electronic Devices
The following items are defined as Personal Electronic Devices (PED): cell phones, tablets/iPads, smart watches and electronic readers. PED may be used in silent mode (with no sound and no verbal communication or interaction) for reading or reference in all areas of the Club and Clubhouse, including areas where food is served. On the golf course, practice areas and adjacent areas, silent camera and GPS applications are permitted.
Voice communication on cell phones is not permitted on the Club premises or grounds with the following exceptions:
- Cell phones may be used for medical emergency.
- Calls may be made from automobiles while parked in the parking lot.
- Calls may be made from the Library outside the Ladies’ Locker Room with the door closed.
- Calls may be made from the Men’s Locker Room phone booth.
Tipping and Gratuities
It is not acceptable for guests to give gratuities to Bag Storage, Locker Room or Food and Beverage staff.
Guests are, however, encouraged to give gratuities to the Valet parking staff, as they are not employees of the Club.